Where should I go, and what should I do during my Gap Year?

Home  /  After Graduation  /  Take a Gap Year  /  Current Page

Your Newnan academic advisor and the counselors at the Career Center can assist you in developing your Gap Year plans. There are plenty of well-known structured gap year programs to explore like Peace CorpsAmeriCorps, Teach for America, and City Year.



Teaching English abroad is a great option for students from a variety of academic majors-it gives you teaching experience and allows you to live for a year or two in another country.


There are other ways to find international work and study opportunities, here are just a few:

Find an internship or job working on a cause you really believe in.

Many centers on campus, like The International Center,  The Ginsberg Center and The Career Center,  can connect you to exciting Gap Year opportunities