Apply for Jobs
Applying for jobs can be time consuming, but it’s important to submit polished materials that demonstrate your having researched the hiring company or organization.
1. Research the organization/company
- What is the organization’s mission?
- How does the department you would be working in fit within the larger goals of the company?
- How is the company organized?
- What kind of background does the employer have? And your potential future co-workers?
2. Familiarize yourself with what they do and the language they use to articulate it
- Respond directly to the job posting to articulate how you are specifically qualified to do the work and fit in with the organization’s culture
- Be able to speak to how you will contribute to the organization’s mission, larger goals
3. Tailor your resume & cover letter to the specific job for which you are applying